Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New Page and Taxidermy

This blog post, like outfits that are too complicated for me, comes in three parts*:

Part one: I fear I am becoming too invested in this blog already. Yes, I spend an embarrassing amount of time checking how many pageviews I've garnered. Yes, I plan on comparing the success of this blog with the blog from Julie/Julia. Yes, I will start shamelessly promoting this on my Facebook. Don't make me start shamelessly promoting this on my Facebook. I have a reputation for being cool on there. People will talk.

This is exactly what my two clones and I look like when we're on Facebook.

Which leads me to part two: because I am already so obsessed with this blog, I've started messing around with the layout already in an attempt to make it fancier. Hence, the addition of the Thirty Questions Character Survey page, which also resulted from a renewed interest in the NaNoWriMo forums. God, I love writing.

Anyway, this page, because apparently on Blogger the only pages you can make are static and can't contain more than one text block without heavy HTML-ing (something I haven't been able to do since 7th grade), will hold a link to the character prompts I will be posting sporadically over the next month as I prepare for NaNoWriMo and the beginning of this gosh darn novel. They'll still show up here, on the home page, but in case you ever feel the need to go and read a specific prompt- more likely, if I need to go read a specific prompt- that page is the place to go.

The character prompts will probably be short, in character, first person responses to the questions in the survey. They'll be creative and, hopefully, fun to read. If they aren't fun to read, you should let me know and I'll start looking for a different dream career. Maybe a taxidermist.

                                                      "My, what big teeth you have!... I am so unhappy with my life."

Part three: This is starting to look like cracked.com but less witty and reeking of desperation. Which is an accomplishment, if you ask me. I'm the reigning champion of desperation reeking. They don't make deodorant strong enough for this. 

Malodorously yours (this is doing wonders for my self-confidence),

Abby

*In case you didn't get it, I meant that I wear a lot of dresses because I'm incapable of picking matching clothes. Not onesies. I only wear onesies maybe twice month.

No comments:

Post a Comment