Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Aging?????? Who, Me?

It was a terrifying, wake up in the middle of the night sweating conclusion that brought me back to this dusty, underused blog (and I am very sorry for my absence).

I only have one more year left to utilize this blog without being a dirty liar (and losing some of my marketing appeal). Because in a month and one day, I'll be nineteen.

NINETEEN.

I have one more year left to claim that I am in any way, shape, or form a teenager. (Although this has gotten considerably more difficult now that I am of legal age.)

I think it is typical of most young people, from this decade or from decades past, to think we have endless amounts of time ahead of us. Immortal, ageless, blah blah blah. Truthfully, I never thought I would be one of those young people. Despite being young, I generally have a pretty solid conception of time, death, and inevitable aging, which makes me the life of any party.

Somehow, probably because I associate being a teenager with being lazy, selfish, and eating things that are very bad for you, I never thought I would not be a teenager some day. I would live forever as a teenager.

I would ride as a teenager, and I would die as a teenager.

Well, that brings me flying back here, because I will not die as a teenager and more than likely, this year will be over even quicker than the last. So I better make the most of this blog while I still can.

I will be updating with my plans for my writing this summer as soon as I get out of work and my fingers thaw from the air conditioning.

(Don't expect me to ever grow out of being lazy, selfish, or addicted to junk food.)

Humbly yours,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment